Thursday, August 24, 2017

Cover Crush: The Dream Keeper's Daughter by Emily Colin

Hello, my name is Colleen and I am a cover slut. I know, I know....you aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover. I just can't help myself! A beautiful cover draws my eye every single time and I can't help but pick up the book it's dressing and see if the inside seems as intriguing as the outside. Sometimes it does, and sometimes a pretty cover is just a pretty cover. Either way, I love getting an eyeful!


One of my favorite bloggers, Erin at
Flashlight Commentary, created a weekly blog post called Cover Crush and she and some other blogger friends are sharing their favorite covers each Thursday. I've decided to join in this year and will link to their posts down below.


So, without further ado, my Cover Crush this week is.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
I think what first drew me to this cover was the gorgeous canopy road! I grew up in Tallahassee, FL and my hometown is full of these gorgeous roads, where the road becomes dappled with sunlight and everything seems to sparkle just so. I also love how the woman in the center is almost sepia-toned and that coloring seems to spread out from her until it hits the tree line. This makes me feel like the woman is more a memory from the past or somehow isn't really there in the same world as the trees saturated in green. It all combines into an exceptionally interesting cover.
 
 
Let's see what is really going on within these pages...
 
 

An archaeologist discovers her presumed-missing boyfriend is trapped more than a hundred years in the past—a love story that transcends time and place, from the author of the New York Times bestseller The Memory Thief.

Eight years after the unsolved disappearance of her boyfriend Max Adair, archaeologist Isabel Griffin has managed to move on and rebuild her life with her young daughter, Finn, her last tie to Max. But after a series of strange incidents, Isabel begins to wonder if Max might still be alive somewhere, trying to communicate with her. She has no idea that the where isn’t the problem—it’s the when. Max has slipped through time and place, landing on his ancestral family plantation in 1816 Barbados, on the eve of a historic slave uprising. As Isabel searches for answers, Max must figure out not only how to survive the violence to come, but how to get back to his own century, the woman he loves, and the daughter he has only ever met in his dreams.
 
 

Don't forget to check out what covers my blogger buddies are drooling over this week (updated as they become available):



Magdalena at A Bookaholic Swede
Meghan at Of Quills & Vellum
Erin at Flashlight Commentary
Heather at The Maiden's Court
Stephanie at Layered Pages
Holly at 2 Kids and Tired
 

 
Created by Magdalena of A Bookaholic Swede
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment