Thursday, October 19, 2017

Cover Crush (October Edition): Please Remain Calm by Courtney Summers

Hello, my name is Colleen and I am a cover slut. I know, I know....you aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover. I just can't help myself! A beautiful cover draws my eye every single time and I can't help but pick up the book it's dressing and see if the inside seems as intriguing as the outside. Sometimes it does, and sometimes a pretty cover is just a pretty cover. Either way, I love getting an eyeful!

One of my favorite bloggers, Erin at
Flashlight Commentary, created a weekly blog post called Cover Crush and she and some other blogger friends are sharing their favorite covers each Thursday. I've decided to join in this year and will link to their posts down below.

Since it's October and the perfect time of year to indulge my love of all things dark and scary I've decided to showcase creepy covers all month long!  

So, without further ado, my Cover Crush this week is.....
 
 
 
 
For me this cover is more unsettling then necessarily scary, however it sort of gives me a claustrophobic feeling so I would definitely categorize it as "creepy". Why is this person clawing the ground like that? Are they falling into some hole? Or are they trying to get out? And what's with the spattering of blood? I also love that the word "calm" is crossed out...who could remain calm next to this image?! The blurriness gives a nice sense of mystery as well. All around a really chill-inducing cover!
 
Here's what the synopsis tells us about the story within.....
 
 
In this gripping sequel to THIS IS NOT A TEST, Rhys and Sloane are headed for a safe haven when they get separated along the way. Rhys is determined to reunite with Sloane until he discovers people who might need him more--people who offer him the closest he'll get to everything he's lost, if they can just hold on long enough.

Rhys thinks he has what it takes to survive and find the girl he lost, but in a world overrun by the dead, there are no guarantees and the next leg of his journey will test him in unimaginable ways ...
 

Don't forget to check out what covers my blogger buddies are drooling over this week (updated as they become available):


Magdalena at A Bookaholic Swede
Meghan at Of Quills & Vellum
Erin at Flashlight Commentary
Heather at The Maiden's Court
Stephanie at Layered Pages
Holly at 2 Kids and Tired



Created by Magdalena of A Bookaholic Swede

 

1 comment: