Thursday, October 5, 2017

Cover Crush (October Editions): Coraline by Neil Gaiman

Hello, my name is Colleen and I am a cover slut. I know, I know....you aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover. I just can't help myself! A beautiful cover draws my eye every single time and I can't help but pick up the book it's dressing and see if the inside seems as intriguing as the outside. Sometimes it does, and sometimes a pretty cover is just a pretty cover. Either way, I love getting an eyeful!

One of my favorite bloggers, Erin at
Flashlight Commentary, created a weekly blog post called Cover Crush and she and some other blogger friends are sharing their favorite covers each Thursday. I've decided to join in this year and will link to their posts down below.

Since it's October and the perfect time of year to indulge my love of all things dark and scary I've decided to showcase creepy covers all month long!  

So, without further ado, my Cover Crush this week is.....
 
 
 
 
How gorgeous is this cover?! I have to admit that I've not watched the movie (gasp!) and haven't read the story yet either (double gasp!), however I'm fascinated by this image. There's so much to marvel at, from the slightly off-kilter aspect of the ground to the button-shaped moon to the incredibly sinister tree. And the color extremes, from bright white to dark blue, have  my eyes roving all over the place and into each corner. Not having a great grasp on what the story is about, the cover alone has me intrigued!
 
Now to find out what awaits within the pages....
 

When Coraline explores her new home, she steps through a door and into another house just like her own... except that it's different. It's a marvelous adventure until Coraline discovers that there's also another mother and another father in the house. They want Coraline to stay with them and be their little girl. They want to keep her forever!

Coraline must use all of her wits and every ounce of courage in order to save herself and return home.

 

Don't forget to check out what covers my blogger buddies are drooling over this week (updated as they become available):


Magdalena at A Bookaholic Swede
Meghan at Of Quills & Vellum
Erin at Flashlight Commentary
Heather at The Maiden's Court
Stephanie at Layered Pages
Holly at 2 Kids and Tired



Created by Magdalena of A Bookaholic Swede
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment